What are the relevant standards, accreditations and professional memberships for a shredding provider? And what do they all mean?
When you choose a supplier to shred your unwanted materials, it’s important to understand not all providers are the same.
We carry out our shredding to the highest standards of quality and security. Our staff are security vetted, our vehicles all have satellite tracking and CCTV, and our depots are CCTV-monitored and have strict access controls.
Choose our mobile shredding service and you can literally watch your documents or digital media going on to the vehicle and being destroyed. If you prefer off-site shredding, we’ll collect your material and securely transport it to our high-security premises for same-day shredding, providing a certificate of destruction as confirmation.
In addition to these working practices, we also hold these accreditations:
- ISO 9001, the most recognised international standard for quality management systems
- EN 15713 is the standard specifically relating to the secure destruction of confidential information. It proves that we meet the requirements for managing, controlling and disposing of confidential information securely and safely.
- ISO 14001, is the standard for environmental management, improving resource efficiency and reducing waste.
- PCI DSS Level 1, which covers processing card payments securely. Level 1 is the highest level of the service provider.
We are also a member of these trade associations:
- The British Security Industry Association (BSIA) has been leading and shaping the security industry for over 40 years. In 2015 our Managing Director, Simon Franklin, was elected vice-chair of the Information Destruction section
- The United Kingdom Security Shredding Association (UKSSA) is the only UK association dedicated to Security Shredding operational standards. Members must meet the very highest industry standards
- Safecontractor, which reassures customers about our health and safety practices
- The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS), which covers safety, emissions, fuel efficiency and other aspects to affirm that we are a responsible fleet operator
Finally, we are currently the only security shredding provider to be accredited by the Gangmasters Licensing Authority (GLAA), showing that we are a responsible employer with a strong commitment to the welfare, health and safety of our staff.