Shred Station are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and hardworking Van driver/Driver’s Mate to join our growing team at our Harlow depot in Essex.
Harlow depot – CM20 2DP
Full Time, Permanent
Start times may vary from 5 am to 7 am.
1 year driver/delivery driver experience preferred
Other key traits we look for:
- good customer service skills
- good communication skills
- a friendly and engaging personality
- capability to work as part of a team
- it will be necessary to be physically fit
- the ability to work under pressure
- good punctuality & reliability
- a high level of problem solving ability
The driver’s mate will be expected to:
1. Keep the company’s and our customer’s information secure at all times.
2. Operate heavy shredding machinery.
3. Assist the drivers in the collection and/or destruction of customer’s confidential waste.
4. Be prepared to undertake an occasional night out.
5. Undergo an in-depth check of their employment and residence history.
6. Be prepared to undertake security checks up to UK Government SC level including a DBS check every 3 years.
7. Complete Waste Transfer Notes/Certificates of Destruction appropriately.
8. Take payment for services delivered.
9. Abide by company policies and procedures.
10. Undertake any and all appropriate training programs.
11. Complete and return an accurate timesheet each week.
12. Ensure timely and effective communication with the Depot & Operations Managers and wider Management Team takes place as and when required
13. Be responsible for their own, their colleagues, the customers and the general public’s health and safety during the course of their work activities.
14. Carry out such other responsibilities and activities as can reasonably be required in accordance with the nature of the post.
15. Ensure that services are provided in accordance with the company’s standards, equal opportunities and the objectives of quality assurance.
16. Start times may vary from 5 am to 7 am.
17. Guaranteed minimum of 40 hours a week. However, must be flexible and able to do beyond 8 hours a day, as per the need of the business.
To be considered for this role you will be required to meet security screening checks to BS7858 standards including; 5-year employment & residence check, DBS and a financial history check.
Shred Station processes personal data collected during the recruitment process in an accordance with its data protection policy.
Shred Station is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.