Depot: Denton, Greater Manchester
Shred Station are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and flexible HGV Class 2 Driver to join our growing team at our Manchester depot in Denton, for our multidrop/collection role.
We require any individual applying for this role to be prepared to undertake physical task, as well as to be able to do nights out occasionally, and pass our vetting checks.
Other key traits we look for:
- good customer service skills
- good communication skills
- a friendly and engaging personality
- capability to work as part of a team
- it will be necessary to be physically fit
- the ability to work under pressure
- good punctuality & reliability
- a high level of problem solving ability
The driver will be expected to:
- Drive the company’s rigid commercial vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Keep the company’s and our customer’s information secure at all times.
- Assist the driver’s mate in the collection and/or destruction of customer’s confidential waste.
- Be prepared to undertake occasional night/s out, when it’s required.
- Undergo an in-depth check of their employment and residence history.
- Be prepared to undertake security checks up to UK Government SC level including a DBS check every 3 years.
- Complete Waste Transfer Notes/Certificates of Destruction appropriately.
- Abide by company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any and all appropriate training programs.
- Complete and return an accurate timesheet each month.
- Inform the Operations Manager of any changes to their circumstances relating to the holding of an appropriate driving license and CPC.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with the Operations Manager and wider Management Team takes place as and when required
- Be responsible for their own, their colleagues, the customers and the general public’s health & safety during the course of their work activities.
- Carry out such other responsibilities and activities as can reasonably be required in accordance with the nature of the post.
- Ensure that services are provided in accordance with the company’s standards, equal opportunities.
- Start times may vary from 5 am to 7 am.
- A minimum guarantee of 40 hours a week.
To be considered for this role you will be required to meet security screening checks to BS7858 standards including; 5-year employment & residence check, DBS and a financial history check.
Shred Station processes personal data collected during the recruitment process in an accordance with its data protection policy.
Shred Station is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
To apply or more info
Dan Varga 01603 721123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org