We are looking for a flexible, experienced and hard-working HGV Class 2 driver – Roll on/ Roll off, to join our growing team at our Norwich depot.
The role will involve servicing our network of roro skips across the country and may require overnight stays
Other key traits we look for with all of our drivers are listed below:
– good customer service skills
– good communication skills
– a friendly and engaging personality
– capability to work as part of a team
– it will be necessary to be physically fit
– the ability to work under pressure
– good punctuality & reliability
– a high level of problem-solving ability
The driver will be expected to:
1. Drive the company’s rigid commercial vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Keep the company’s and our customer’s information secure at all times.
3. Assist the driver’s mate in the collection and/or destruction of customer’s confidential waste.
4. Be prepared to undertake an occasional night out when it’s required.
5. Undergo an in-depth check of their employment and residence history.
6. Be prepared to undertake security checks up to UK Government SC level including a DBS check every 3 years.
7. Complete Collection note on PDA
8. Abide by company policies and procedures.
9. Undertake any and all appropriate training programs.
10. Complete and return an accurate timesheet each month.
11. Inform the Operations Manager of any changes to their circumstances relating to the holding of an appropriate driving license and CPC.
12. Ensure timely and effective communication with the Operations Manager and wider Management Team takes place as and when required
13. Be responsible for their own, their colleagues, the customers and the general public’s health & safety during the course of their work activities.
14. Carry out such other responsibilities and activities as can reasonably be required in accordance with the nature of the post.
15. Ensure that services are provided in accordance with the company’s standards, equal opportunities.
Start times may vary from 5 am to 7 am.
Task to finish job with guaranteed 40 hours a week pay.